Leader in Training
Become a Leader
The Leader in Training program is a leadership program for Eagle Hill students who want to continue to develop and practice life long leadership skills. The program blends workshops, supervised opportunities to assist the younger summer students, special off-campus trips, and service learning with classroom and camp activities. Leaders in Training (LITs) will also earn credits that meet enrichment requirements for the EHS academic year.
Workshops and training sessions will include topics such as:
- Ropes course
- Working with students
- Lifesaving skills
- Community service
- Opportunities to practice these skills in a supportive setting
LITs will also participate in weekly service learning projects. LITs are a distinct group of students. They are summer students with a specific curriculum and set of responsibilities, but they are not interns or faculty; they are in training to become better leaders and to perhaps take on greater responsibility in summers to come.
Frequently Asked Questions
- In addition to assisting with the traditional school program, what classes will my child be enrolled in?
- How many students are enrolled in the program?
- If my LIT needs to take a math and an English class, can they do that?
- Where do LITs live and who oversees their program and provides guidance when needed?