Date Posted: March 1, 2022
Starting Date: Immediately - for the academic year running September—June, and summer program needs in July
Hours: Friday: 3pm-11pm, Saturday: 9am—11pm, Sunday: 9am-5pm, Optional: Sunday 5pm—8pm
A Weekend Counselor is responsible for enhancing the quality of life in the dorms as part of the Eagle Hill Student Life program. This includes fostering a cooperative and considerate residential learning community for all students. The position carries a wide range of duties and responsibilities, and requires a high level of commitment of both time and effort. A Weekend Counselor plays a central role in building a residential community for the students
- Responsible for supporting the student body in their effort to generalize daily living skills.
- Responsible for the smooth operation of the dorm floor, Student Life program, safety and productivity for 15-20 students.
- To serve as a role model by demonstrating responsible behavior, integrity and good judgment.
- Collaborating with faculty serving a Student Life shift, to maintain an organized and consistent dorm floor.
- Enforce rules and ensure adherence to the Student Code of Conduct and dorm floor expectations.
- To listen and provide an empathetic ear and sound judgment by helping students come to their own conclusions about how to address problems.
- To take part in planning and supervising both on and off campus activity programming for students.
- To collaborate information and activities with weekday dorm counselors.
- To assume other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Weekend Services.
- Be available to reside overnight in the residence halls.
- To provide active leadership in a variety of activities throughout the Student Life program.
- As an information resource, a weekend counselor is expected to help students deal with conflicts by adopting impartial solutions to issues that arise. When necessary, weekend counselors will collaborate with Director of Weekend Services, Student Life administrators, and/or a student’s advisor.
- Attend appropriate training sessions when they arise.
- To complete all necessary reports and records needed for Eagle Hill School.
- Specifically, the entering of log notes pertaining to contributions to the community or interactions with students, both positive and negative.
About Eagle Hill School
Eagle Hill School is a residential, co-educational secondary school in Hardwick, MA. Eagle Hill School seeks applications from candidates who will promote the school's commitment to attracting and retaining a highly talented and diverse faculty and staff. A successful candidate will be prepared to engage in the boarding community and co-curricular programs as well as provide inspirational and innovative education in and outside the classroom.
It is the policy of Eagle Hill School to give equal opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, ancestry, age, disability, or pregnancy.