Photojournalist | Photographer | Videographer Internship
During your internship, you will be responsible for photographing, shooting, and creating videos of student activities inside and outside the classroom. Your work will emphasize student life, athletics, and the arts. You will have the opportunity to create content for our website and various print publications as well as supply daily content for our social media channels as you work on your portfolio and gain valuable experience working in the field. This internship will focus primarily on photography and videography. We encourage photojournalist, photography, and videography students to apply.
Eagle Hill School offers three internship opportunities per year. This position is available for the FALL TERM starting in September and runs until early January 2023.
- Fall Internship: September – January (17 weeks)
- Spring Internship: January – June (17 weeks)
- Summer Internship: July (5 weeks)
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
Familiarity with digital photography and video is a must. Excellent communication skills, acute attention to detail, and the ability to work independently are required. Experience with Photoshop, Lightroom, and Premiere Pro is required. You may be a recent graduate or working toward a college degree. College credit may be arranged for this internship based on the requirements of your school.
- Assist in all aspects of the school's video and photography—athletics, academics, performing arts, admission, and more
- Assist in the end-to-end process from storyboarding to shooting to editing and publishing
- Film, video, and create photographs in the photo studio and around campus
- Organize, catalog, and edit videos and touch-up still photography
- Assist in creating content for the school's website and social media platforms
- Pursuing or having just completed a Bachelor’s Degree with a concentration in photojournalism, photography, or videography.
- Have the potential to deliver videos and/or photos that succinctly and clearly tell the desired story.
- Should be outgoing, open-minded, a fast learner, enthusiastic, creative, flexible, and passionate about videography and photography.
- "Pass" CORI and SORI background check
- Portfolio required, online preferred.
- Room – We provide private off-campus housing approximately one mile from the school (including utilities, internet, and laundry).
- Board – All meals are provided free of charge in our dining hall with a variety of gluten-free and vegetarian options available.
- Access to our state-of-the-art fitness center, Olympic -sized lap pool, music rooms, and more.
- Stipend based on experience
To apply: Please include a cover letter, résumé, and link to your online portfolio.
About Eagle Hill School
Eagle Hill School is a residential, co-educational secondary school in Hardwick, MA. Eagle Hill School seeks applications from candidates who will promote the school's commitment to attracting and retaining a highly talented and diverse faculty and staff. A successful candidate will be prepared to engage in the boarding community and co-curricular programs as well as provide inspirational and innovative education in and outside the classroom.
It is the policy of Eagle Hill School to give equal opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, ancestry, age, disability, or pregnancy.