Director of Weekend Services
Date Posted: March 22, 2022
Department: Student Life
Job Status: Full-Time
Hours: Thursday 11:00-2:00PM, Friday 2:00PM-11:00pm, Saturday 8:30AM-11:00PM, Sunday 8:30am-11:00pm, Monday: 9:00AM-11:00AM
Reports To: Assistant Head of School for Student Life
Weekends at Eagle Hill School are filled with fun activities both on and off-campus and is a relaxing time to fully enjoy boarding school life. The Director of Weekend Services is responsible for all aspects of the Weekend Program.
- Directs and supervises all aspects of the Weekend Program.
- Directs and supervises the Travel Coordinator and all aspects of our travel program.
- Investigates, plans, arranges and provides for weekend activities, both on and off campus.
- Enforces and maintains the established behavioral guidelines and policies of Eagle Hill School throughout the weekend.
- Exacts appropriate consequences and carries out disciplinary measures when called for on weekends, passes along all documented information to the Dean of Students.
- Communicates with parents through both verbal and written means to discuss their student’s progress, problems, etc. on weekends.
- Provides follow-up on any behavioral issues with students involved with the Dean of Students.
- Provides any crisis-intervention when needed.
- Responsible for recruiting and hiring weekend staff.
- Responsible for managing and keeping records of faculty members’ fulfillment of weekend shift responsibilities.
- Maintains a written documentation of the overall weekend through the log note documentation system.
- Provides meal counts for weekend numbers to the business office for meal reimbursements.
- Attends all business, department and administrative meetings as necessary.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the Assistant Head of School for Student Life.
- Provides support, training, guidance, supervision and evaluation of full time weekend staff and faculty working shifts.
- Responsible for reporting all financial matters and accounting to the Business Office.
- Responsible for annual, written evaluations of weekend staff.
- Responsible for annual, written evaluations for Assistant Weekend Director/Travel
- Directs “Return-Day” and works with Assistant Weekend Director/Travel who coordinates all necessary travel and pick-ups.
Eagle Hill School provides a generous compensation and benefits package for all resident counselors including housing, competitive salary, 403(b) retirement and matching plan, health insurance, long/short term disability, graduate school financial support, professional development, free meals in our dining hall, use of all facilities including the new indoor Olympic-length lap pool, squash courts, basketball courts, fitness center, indoor track and more. All resident counselors are required to pursue an Academic Life Coaching certification through the International Coaching Federation. This begins in year 2 of employment and the cost is fully covered by EHS.
About Eagle Hill School
Eagle Hill School is a residential, co-educational secondary school in Hardwick, MA. Eagle Hill School seeks applications from candidates who will promote the school's commitment to attracting and retaining a highly talented and diverse faculty and staff. A successful candidate will be prepared to engage in the boarding community and co-curricular programs as well as provide inspirational and innovative education in and outside the classroom.
It is the policy of Eagle Hill School to give equal opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, ancestry, age, disability, or pregnancy.