Director of Food Services
We are seeking a highly motivated and creative Food Services Director (General Manager, Executive Chef) who cares deeply about providing a best-in-class dining experience to the Eagle Hill School community. All others need not apply.
Candidates should be highly qualified with experience in large volume production and high end catering. This is a demanding, hands-on position, requiring prominent leadership and creativity. You must have a strong work ethic with top tier customer service skills, along with the desire and commitment to provide a memorable dining experience. Candidates should have a passion for food and stay up to date on the latest best practices, trends, etc.
Candidates should be able to offer a charismatic dining experience with an exciting menu and energetic atmosphere for our students.
As our Director of Food Services, you will have complete responsibility for all kitchen operations. Our kitchen is open 7 days per week and is responsible for preparing and serving three meals per day to all students and staff, in addition to catering various events and functions throughout the year. Job specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Fully oversee the production and serving of high-quality scratch meals, in large volume
- Have a “can do” attitude and ensure that the kitchen operates effectively in all phases, at all times
- Manage all kitchen staff, including the hiring of new staff, continuous development of current staff
- Create staff schedules and manage staff duties/expertise to create maximum efficiency
- Ensure compliance with the requirements of the USDA National School Lunch Program (NSLP), including production reports, meal counts, recordkeeping, etc.
- Create and plan menus to conform with NSLP requirements, providing nutritious meals while prioritizing scratch cooking with fresh, locally sourced ingredients
- Develop standardized recipes and see that they are consistently adhered to, ensuring that tasteful and nutritious meals are always served
- Lead the dining/catering for on campus functions and events throughout the year
- Responsible for the monitoring and dating of inventory to enable a first in first out use of food
- Maintain a food safety HACCP plan
- Have an energetic personality with a strong desire to provide a positive dining experience
- Monitor cleanliness and safety of the kitchen and maintain a safe work environment
- Be forward looking, offering recommendations and new ideas to management to see that the School consistently offers a 5 star dining experience
- Year round, full time schedule, salaried position
- Open availability is required, including the ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, in addition to catered functions and events
- Sufficient opportunity for time off and vacations while classes are not in session
Preferred Qualifications / Skills
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant work experience with similar responsibilities
- Specialized training in Culinary Arts
- Culinary experience in a high volume setting, preferably in an academic setting
- Extensive experience managing and developing staff to reach their full potential
- Effective communication skills and capable of delivering exceptional customer service
- Strong time management, organizational, and multi-tasking skills
- Self motivated with a high level of initiative and accountability
- Desire to constantly improve your skills and remain as knowledgeable and creative as possible
- ServSave certification and allergen awareness
- Adaptable to a variety of work environments, with the ability to remain calm, positive, and professional in all situations
- Successful criminal background check and pre-employment screening
- Experience with the USDA NSLP
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan with generous employer contribution
- Personal and family use of facilities, including grounds, pools, and fitness center
- Substantial tuition assistance for qualified children enrolled at Eagle Hill School
Eagle Hill is an equal opportunity employer, treating all people fairly based on abilities, achievements, and experience, without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
The above information is intended to provide an overview of the position and its requirements. This is not, nor is it intended to be, a complete list of job duties, responsibilities or expectations, and actual duties will fluctuate to meet the needs of the School.
Life at Eagle Hill is driven by the observance of our four key values: honesty, kindness, respect, and purpose. When students embrace these guiding principles, they flourish in our nurturing and supportive environment, and they begin to harness their true potential. Similarly, these values dictate the manner in which our students, faculty, and all members of the community interact among themselves and with the greater world.