IB Diploma Programme
Eagle Hill is an authorized International Baccalaureate World School offering the IB Diploma Programme. IB World schools are schools that share a common philosophy—a commitment to high quality, challenging, and inquiry-based international education.
The IB Diploma Programme immerses students in a comprehensive two-year personal growth journey and lays the foundation for a robust and enduring intellectual life. Recognized by universities the world over, the IB Diploma Programme prepares students for the rigors of higher learning.
The program requires of students a serious commitment of time and effort, as well as prerequisite coursework in some areas. Students who do not enroll in the full IB Diploma Programme will continue to have the opportunity to develop their own unique courses of study in the Eagle Hill tradition but may also enroll in an IB course or two in order to pursue particular areas of interest in a way that is specially recognized by colleges and universities.
Eagle Hill offers a robust program of International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme courses.
The DP Core
Theory of Knowledge is a course about critical thinking and inquiry into the process of knowing, rather than about learning a specific body of knowledge.
The Extended Essay
The Extended Essay is an in-depth study of a focused topic chosen from the list of approved DP subjects.
Creativity, Activity, Service (CAS) is at the heart of the IB Diploma Programme.
- What is the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme?
- Why choose the IB Programme?
- What the IB Programme is NOT.
- What is the IB assessment model?
- What is a typical course of study?
- Who will do it, and when?
- Why is IB a good fit for our students?
- Who else can benefit from the IB Programme?
- How do students thrive?
- What are the benefits of participating in the IB Programme?
- What is IB’s approach to teaching and learning?